UVANTA Pharmacies understand the crucial role that clinical consultants play in optimizing resident care. Our clinical consultants are dedicated to working with you to provide the best possible care and outcomes for your residents. They work to establish effective communication channels and build solid working relationships with your staff, Medical Director, attending physicians, and other prescribers; because their philosophy is that great communication and good rapport with providers equals optimal results.
At UVANTA, our consulting services are designed to meet the specific requirements of your facility. Your UVANTA Pharmacy representative will work with you to determine your consulting expectations and requirements, to ensure they are incorporated into your facility’s VantagePLAN™, in order to address your facility’s specific consulting needs.
Our Pharmacists provide the following consulting services:
- Review all resident medication profiles on a monthly basis
- Perform an assessment of all new resident medication profiles and IMRR as requested
- Review orders for appropriateness, contraindications, and duplicate therapy
- Review orders for high-cost medications and/or non-formulary medications
- Provide recommendations for alternative therapy to improve clinical outcomes
- Provide written reports summarizing trends and recommendations to improve care
- Attend QA meetings and provide medication education in-services
Our nurse consultant services include:
- Inspect facility medication storage areas (i.e. Medication carts and Med Rooms)
- Survey preparation and education programs
- Med Pass observation and education